Friday, January 23, 2009

January 23rd

Today is January 23rd, the day we have been waiting for the baby to be born! But, she is still not coming, and I am still not dialated or having anything other than braxton hicks contractions. The Dr. was supposed to strip the membranes, but since I wasnt dialated, he couldnt do it, sad! Kenny (my brother) is convinced the baby isnt coming because its a boy and he doesnt want to come, because I only have pink clothes and decorations for him. That is one theory! Last night Taylor and I decided to go on a super long walk to get things going, but it just gave me swollen feet, and on the bright side some needed excercise! We walked from our house in mapleton to the grocery store in Springville to take back a red box movie. It was 6 miles of fun, (especially since it was raining last night!)
I have noticed that everything is making me cry...even more than usual ;) Yesterday I decided to go get a library card and do some reading, well since the library is in Springville and technically our address is mapleton they charge you 88 dollars to use the library, but dont worry there is a "Book Bus" That goes to mapleton some times! How am I supposed to be a good mom without taking my kid to the library. Lame. And who has to pay for a public library, also lame. For some reason I was so upset about this, and had to hurry and leave before I started crying in front of the poor librarian, on second hand maybe if I did she would have given me a discount! Then the other day I was about to get in the shower when I caught a look at myself in the mirror, that was like turning on the faucet! Poor Taylor has been so good at calming down a crazy pregnant lady! I just really dont understand how that baby can stay in there, it cant be comfortable, there is no more room, and there is NO way my stomach can get any bigger!

12 comments:

Ashley A. said...

Oh Dione! I am so sorry. The waiting must be horrible when you're so uncomfortable. I really hope you can go into labor so you don't have to be induced or have a c-section. I never went into labor, either, although the plus side is you don't have to experience all the pain. I guess Braxton Hicks aren't so fun, though.

Don't worry about the crying. I would cry over that and I'm not even pregnant! :) I remember when we moved to Springville and I went back to Provo to take the kids to story time and I discovered I couldn't check anything out anymore without paying that much. I was upset, too. At least Springville had a library, though. I can't believe Mapleton doesn't have anything.

We'll keep you in our prayers! Good luck!

Andrea said...

DI! I'm so sorry. I wish I was by you so I could give you a hugh. :( I can't say I understand where you're coming from but just know some day soon I will. lol. Call me if you get bored. I would LOVE to chat. :) And I bet you look Beautiful with your belly!!! I love you and don't worry. She'll be here before you know it. And when she does get here, give her a BIG hug for me. Be happy. Love ya!

Megs said...

When I saw that you updated, I got all excited as I clicked your link and thought you might have had your little girl! I guess not! Hopefully she (or he, according to your brother's theory) will want to come soon. Good luck! I can't wait to see pics of her!

megs said...

You poor thing. I totally understand the crying thing. Happens to me all the time, but even worse when I'm pregnant. (I hate that about public libraries.)

Let me reassure you. The baby WILL come. She will be a darling GIRL named Brynn. Your body will not stay huge and round (as my mother told me right after I had Lucy "You will DECREASE"). You will be a good mother who reads her baby lots of stories, despite the local library's fee (I'd consider just paying it, but then I go to the library once a week).

I love you and Taylor so much. Best of luck! Sooooon.

kali said...

Aww...Dione! It is so hard waiting for the baby to come, but she'll be hear before you know it, so enjoy the alone time with Taylor, and relax. And if it helps, I'm not even pregnant and I cry at the most random things. Seriously, commercials, primary songs...you name it. And that is totally lame that you have to pay to use the library! I'd probably cry too.

dani said...

i second what everyone has said! you are the cutest pregnant person!! i hope that brynne comes soon:) i can't wait to see her cute pictures!

Kirk and Dynelle said...

The day before I had Kirsten I had a blog post that only said "pregnant for 290 days". I feel your pain!

Laura Howe said...

OH my, I am so sorry, I totally understand. She's going to come and she' probably be here soon. A good emotional break down helps things along (just a Laura theory) Both my babies I had an emotional breakdown the day before. So maybe today or tomorrow. Good luck. I am sure you can't wait to see her, but we can't either.

Taylor said...

Wow I just realized how whiny I must sound! But I guess thats what happens after 10 months of pregnancy!

Chalice said...

Poor girl, when will your dr. induce you if you haven't gone into labor on your own?

HollySomm said...

Oh Dione! You can do it! Haha, you are one of the most beautiful people i've ever met. I'm sure the pregnant glow only makes it better.

ps. I'm really impressed that you walked six miles PERIOD! Let alone being pregnant! You go mama!

Holly

Jana said...

tomorrow. tomorrow. baby brynne, tomorrow. it's only a sleepless night away :) good luck guys! you're going to be such awesome parents!