Brynne was NOT happy about taking a nap today.
So she sent me this message under the door to let me know.
I'm a little disturbed...this WAS one of her favorite dolls.
Ahhhh, I will miss life with both kids taking a nap!
Brynnes Birthday song for Dane: "happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday DANNNNER BOY!"
I love Brynne's extreme jealousy of Dane's new toy in this picture, haha!
Who's more excited about the shoes?
We took Dane to this lake when he was a few day's old last year, he had alot more fun this year! This is one of my favorite summer destinations in Utah, Payson Lakes.
Dane wishing he could jump off the dock like me and his sister.
walking around the lake
So tired after swimming all afternoon
The Angel Fish cake
School of cupcake fish
Some of the Broughtons and a Walker came over to celbrate Danes birthday. It was a great day!
Some of the things I want to remember about Dane at age 1.
- Scoots around using one arm and a one leg landing on his bum. Resembling a little chimp.
- Saids mama, dadda, nanna (banana or food), and uh oh.
- Loves dogs and makes a strange barking sound while bouncing up and down when he sees one.
- Is so excited to see who ever gets him out of his crib in the morning
- loves to swing, and this is the only time he will blow kisses
- Is great at giving high fives, and is very proud of himself after he gives someone one.
- when his sister takes a toy he has started getting up on his knees, putting his arms wide out, and screaming ferociously until Brynne gets freaked out, starts crying and gives the toy back. I think this is hillarious. This also makes me very nervous for all the future fights over toys that will happen.
- Has his top four teeth, and it looks like the bottom two are finally about ready to come in.
- Loves spaghetti and anything sweet
- is not a fan of me feeding him anything, wants to do it himself
- Is still a cuddler for short amounts of time
- wants to climb every stair in sight, but trys to dive back down them
- Favorite food must be dirt and rocks because he acts like he is starving when he sees them and dives right in if i'm not watching closely.
- likes his peace and quite at night
- thinks Brynne is a comedian and laughs at her all day
- favorite game is trying to stick his fingers, toys, bottle, binky, or anything he can find into his parents mouth
We love you Dane, you are such a sweet, fun, energentic little boy and we are so glad we got to have you a year ago today!
This isn't the post that I talk about how fast time has flown and that I cant believe that Dane is one year old! But this is the post where I talk about how darn cute and sweet he is and show off some pictures of our 1 year old! Happy Birthday Dane J!
Random things on my mind I feel like writing about instead of cleaning the house
1. I'm excited about a huge picture frame I got at D.I. for $3 that I'm going to paint "global blue" to bring more color into my black and white front room...even if it will clash with my MAROON couch..how do you decorate around maroon, I am still trying to figure it out...on the same D.I. trip Taylor decided to buy a huge air hockey table, don't know how I feel about that, at least we have a basement.
2. I am loving having a potty trained Brynne. She has been going strong for a month and a half now with out many accidents, she made the drive to Lake Tahoe and back with out one accident! So what I learned about potty training is that it will NOT happen if you are casual about it. I couldn't get her trained until I decided to take her every half hour...EVERY half hour, even if I had to take her in the wal-mart. I think she had to realize that it was easier to go in the potty than have a mess to clean up...and get one of her "princess dresses" dirty. Also my mom was out the first week and she gets all the credit for keeping us consistent. I also learned that Brynne would do anything for gum and little dolls from the dollar store :)
3. I read THIS article that talks about how we should talk to little girls. She said that as a society whenever we see a little girl, we tell them how beautiful they look, and how cute their hair is etc. The point of the article is that if too much focus is put on a little girls looks at a young age, they will have less confidence feeling like the only thing that really matters are how she looks. This article has made me think about how important it is to also emphasize other accomplishments that are more important like sharing, or being sweet to her brother, as much or more than I compliment Brynne's hair clip or nail polish. Although, I think it still fine to let them know just how cute they are in moderation.
4. I couldn't sleep last night worrying about these two incidents! This world is a dangerous place! I took the kids to the park the other day and was letting Dane crawl around on the grass, when he started screaming his "I'm in real pain" cry! I picked him up and saw hornets flying all around him, he must have crawled over a nest! I thought hornets nests were in trees? Weird! He got stung 7 times!! It was terrible, once on his lip (which swelled up huge) several on his hand, some on his back, and stomach. Poor guy! The next day we went to get the kids pictures taken (The lip swelling was almost back to normal for the pictures thank goodness) and the kids were playing on the grass, our photographer came up to us and said that there was a big rattle snake 50 yards away! A rattle snake, that's a big deal! I just can't stop thinking about if we hadnt have found out it was there and just kept letting the kids run/crawl. Terrifying! What do I do now? Two days in a row my kids were hurt and in danger just because I let them play on seemingly harmless grass! Do I stop letting them play on grass now?
5. A average chocolate chip cookie has 200 calories. I had two. Running one mile burns 100 calories. I ran 3 miles yesterday, and it was HARD, but it still wasn't enough to burn off those cookies. Sigh!