Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Winter crafts

My mom wanted to see this quilt I made for one of Kenny's bff's. He said he wanted a real "Mormon made quilt." So he sent me all the 501's and dickies he had been saving, haha. I probably wont ever offer to do that again. But anyways sewing is always a lesson on how to be detail oriented because I am not that way at all!
Purse I made out of a chair cover wedding gift we never used.
There was this family in our stake where the parents of 10 were hit by a car of someone on drugs, and the dad died and the mom was in the hospital for a month without much health insurance, and the dad didn't have life insurance, so we had a charity auction, so sad. I forgot to take a picture of the finished quilt, but if we are having a boy I want to make his bedding with these colors.
I inherited this chair from my sister in law, sold my glider I didn't like, and used the money to re finish this. There are a few issues with this chair and I haven't put a clear coat on yet. I wish I would have practiced the antiquing on a board or something first.....oh well its finally done! But I will chalk it up to a learning experience, and it will look good enough in Brynne's room.


4 comments:

Chalice said...

wow youre quite the busy little mommy! i like the rocking chair. i inherited my mother-in-laws old oak table and i want to refinish it, so to practice i got this old coffee table to practice on, so we'll see how that goes. Anyway love your work!

Annie Macias said...

These all look amazing! Way to go!

kali said...

You are so talented and creative! I wish we lived closer, so we could craft together!

Ashley A. said...

You are definitely talented. I love the colors in that blanket. I hope you have a boy that Nate can play with! :)