Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Sunday Post.

Well I can't get my cute video of Brynne dancing to upload, so this blurry picture of her will have to do until I can get it up :) She got this new dress the other day, and doesn't like to take it off. In fact I made the mistake of letting her wear it before church...she found the baby shampoo and dumped it all over her self, the carpet, and the couch by 9:00...luckily it was plenty of time to wash and dry it before church. When I scolded her for doing it, she just shrugged her shoulders and said "No way mama. Nice and clean?" Funny girl! My favorite quote from Brynne today was after I got dressed for church she said, "CUTE DRESS MAMA! I Like it!" haha, I love having a little girl with fashion sense. Brenna and I took our kids to the mall the other day (4 kids, 2 and under.) We went early and were in good company with the elderly mall walkers..I hope to be one of them someday. It was kind of crazy,but we chocked it up to training our girls to be our shopping partners.
This smile pretty much melts my heart every single time! I gave Dane his first haircut today, he looks so grown up! This little lover has been getting really good at being entertained by his sister. The other day we were driving and Brynne was talking to him, and then he would crack up laughing so hard, this went on for about 20 minutes, it was such a sweet welcome moment in my day! (Especially since usually driving = Dane screaming.) Brynne and Dane play best with their over sized lego's. Dane sucks on them and watches Brynne build her (so called) air planes.

This is one of Taylors Valentines gifts! We went to lunch and the BYU vs. UTAH basketball game the Saturday before with Alex and Megan, it was a fabulous and a much needed date! Tay got a job at the State mental hospital about a month ago, so that he can get patient experience, this way he can eventually apply to Physicians assistant school, it will probably take 1-3 years before he has all the requirements to apply since it is so competitive, but we feel this is the best course for us right now *plans subject to change :). ANYWAYS, he hasn't been able to quit his other job yet because we have our health benefits through them. SO..he is working 80 hours a week (superman). He is hoping that his older job will let him go part time next month, 60 hours sounds fabulous right now! We miss him lots, and he misses us too and his sleep! Taylor's dad was able to give us blessing right before Taylor started the new job, and I am so grateful for those words, and have been feeling really strengthened and able to find so much joy in my kids. Of course I still get frustrated and upset because its so hard for me, but I have been trying to really live in the moment, because it is my tendency to wish for the future and next day, it has made all the difference in my happiness and gratitude for life latley.

3 comments:

Laura Howe said...

80 HOURS A WEEK!! holy cow, He is super! so are you!! that is hard, I hope it gets nice out fast so you can play outside, that always makes the difference for me when Milas is gone a lot. Good luck, You babies are so dang cute. I love Brynnes dress, girls are so fun!!

Kirk and Dynelle said...

I love that you washed the dress in time for her to wear it for church. If I looked that pretty in a dress I would want to wear it all the time too! She says such cute funny things, I love it! Dane is a lady killer with that smile. Good luck with disciplining, I'm not sure I could do it. And you are one amazing woman. Taylor is lucky to have you take such good care of him and your kids. Love ya and CANNOT wait to see you!

Andrea said...

This kind of made me tear up! You guys are awesome and I really look up to you both! I quit one of my jobs!! so we need to get some good sister time together before we move for the summer!