Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Acceptance, Appendicitis, Halloween, McAffee weekend

 Acceptance!!!!!!!!!

 Friday November 1st was one of the best day's of our lives! The day that we found out everything we have been sacrificing in preparation for Taylor to go to PA school had paid off!  All the long hours, sleep deprivation, all the debt, all the lack of husband and father time has been for something! Des Moines had called while Taylor was at work and left him a message congratulating him on acceptance just over a week after his interview.  I think I will always remember that emotional moment on the phone when Taylor called to tell me the news.  We still cant believe that this is finally really going to happen, and are feeling especially grateful this November! We are under no disillusion that the next 2 1/2 years will be easy, but we are a HUGE step closer!! So proud of him for sticking with it even though it was so all consuming, hard and disheartening at times!

  Appendicitis



 Taylor has had a roller coaster of a month!  On conference Saturday Taylor started getting sick after breakfast and we thought it might have been my cooking!  By the time priesthood session came around he decided he needed to go to urgent care.  I thought Urgent care was a bad idea because I didn't want to pay the $50 copay in order for them to say they couldnt do anything to help a stomach ache.  But luckily he went anyways and they told him he needed to go to the Emergency room because they thought he had appendicitis, boy did I feel like a bad wife for trying to talk him out of going to the Dr!  I was with some friends in my ward when he called to tell me this around 8pm, they were great and took my kids home put them in bed and found babysitters so I could drive Taylor to the E.R.  We waited for about 1  1/2 hours before they got him back for a cat scan, and then the results came back that he did in fact have appendicitis, around 11p.m.  They said they couldnt do surgery until 6am so they kept him overnight.  Chad was nice enough to stay at our house so I could stay with Taylor.  It was a really uncomfortable night trying to sleep on the vinyl chair pregnant, finally at 5 a.m. the nurse told me the chair reclined, sigh! Lucky Taylor with a bed and morphine haha!  The surgery went well and we were home by 2pm on Sunday.  He recovered quick and his anatomy teacher made him go into school the next day for a test and he had to go back to work by Tuesday, what a guy! We were really glad this happened when it did and not two weeks later while he was interviewing out of state!

 Halloween!!


 Originally Brynne was going to be a tiger for Halloween and Dane was going to be a ghost! I made those costumes and they were pretty cute.  Then Dane decided he wanted to be a Tiger like Brynne and my friend let us borrow this tiger costume so I decided I didn't mind him switching because it only took me 5 mins to make his ghost costume.  THEN we watched Aladdin for the first time with them, and the Day of Halloween Brynne had the great idea to be Jasmine and Dane could be Raja.  Since this was a dress up she already had I decided not to fight these very opinionated little people!  They were cute and had a great time trick or treating.  We have the perfect neighborhood for trick or treating I must ad, the houses are close together and we know most of the neighbors.  Everyone is out trick or treating and its so fun to chat with everyone and see their costumes.  We also have the cute older woman who hands out fudge to the parents, and the little old man who hands out sodas.  I love Brookside Drive :)

McAffee Weekend







My parents came out for the weekend and we had a great time! We went to a BYU womens Volleyball game on Sat. and then the guys went to the BYU football game that night.  The girls took the kids to the pumpkin patch in Springville while they were gone and had a great time on the hayride, the hay maze and stack and petting the animals!

No comments: