Friday, October 30, 2009

St. George and the Flu

It has been a crazy couple of weeks! 2 weekends ago we went down to St. George to visit with some friends of mine from Vernal and their families. It was soo much fun! Chalices husband let us stay in his work condo, which was really nice..and Taylor was happy because they had a Wii :) It was also 90 degrees, it was so nice. We had a fantastic weekend just being around friends, I wish we all lived closer together!

Then we drove back Sunday morning and Taylor started getting really sick, I have never seen him sick before so it was kinda scary! Poor guy could barly move. He went to the Dr. on Monday and they said he had swine flu...which I must say that I think "The Swine Flu" is very overated and I am frustrated with how much the media goes on and on about it! ITS just the flu for heavens sake, not a plaig!! Anyways so he had that, then the next day I got it, and the day after that Brynne did. It was a very long week, and Brynne also decided to get her top two teeth that week, poor little girl..she likes to chew on pickles for some reason, I figure a cold pickle must feel good on her gums, its kinda funny though!

Brynne also learned to sit up last week, she would always do it while we werent looking, and we couldnt figure out how she was doing it! Then a couple of days ago we caught her, she pushes herself up with her head, I need to get a video because its hillarious. Anyways the problem with her sitting up is now when she wakes up in the night instead of going back to sleep she sits up, and SCREAMS! It is soo frustrating because I dont think she understands that she needs to be laying down to sleep, so I have to go in there and lay her down and she ends up getting more mad and screaming more...and usually I give in after a hour or two of screaming and just put her down with a bottle. She almost always wins this fight no matter how determined I am to let her cry, its just to hard! Oh, also the other night I was trying to be strong and let her cry but I caved and went in and she had kicked her leg inbetween the bars in her crib and her leg was wedged inbetween them, it was so sad, she must have been scared poor girl..now I'm paranoid about that, I need higher bumpers!

She is 9 months as of yesterday, I can not believe it! She is 91st percentile for her height 70th for her head and she went down from 90thish for her weight at her 6 month check up to 61st for her weight at 9 months. She only gained like a 1/4 a pound in three months. The nurse was really worried about this and kept asking me questions about how many bottles I feed her, etc. So I felt really bad, have I been starving my poor baby? But the Doctor didnt seemed very concerned, he said she probably is just starting to slim down a little bit from being so active. But she really eats all the time, she lets us know when shes hungry. She certainly doesnt look like she is wasting away, so hopefully everything is o.k. in that department!












1 comment:

kali said...

She is sooo beautiful, Dionne! I'm so glad you guys are coming for Thanksgiving! Call me when your here so we can meet eachother's babies! I can't wait!