Thursday, April 28, 2011

6 Easter Trip Miracles!

We said out goodbyes to Taylor because he had to stay and work poor guy, and headed to AF to pick up Kenny and Andrea. We made it half way across the salt flats when the van said we only had 39 miles of gas left, this was a problem because the next gas station was 65 miles away. We thought for sure Kenny was going to do some hitch hiking but Easter trip miracle #1 we made it to the gas station somehow! We were so relieved!

Then we hit quite the snow storm on Donner pass and didnt slide off the road, Easter trip miracle #2. Then we were about 2 miles away from my parents house when we got a extremely flat tire at 4:00 a.m. Easter trip miracle #3 my dad was able to come save us and help change the tire.

We had a great time in CA! We went to the park, went to the Oakland Zoo, had easter egg hunts, ate alot of halibut from my dads fishing trip, visited the Broughton side in Lodi, had a BBQ, Brynne got to have her first sleep over with her cousins at Erica and Riley's house, we played Tennis, and most important to Brynne fed the Chickens.

On our drive home Easter trip miracle #4 happened. I left my wallet on top of the van (heaven help Taylor and I when we are old) the next day I got a text from a random number staying there ex-sister in law had found my wallet! Apparently this sister in law found my wallet and saw that I was mormon because of my temple reccomend, and called her sister who lived in Sandy. Apperntly she thought that because I lived in Utah and was mormon her sister in law might know me...cute! So the sister in law looked me up on Facebook and saw he had a friend in common. So she called my friend I used to work with at TGPD and got my number, and then I text her my address and my wallet came in the mail yesterday obviously run over but with all my cards. Easter trip miracle #5 I had taken most of the cash out and given it to andrea to hold for gas right before I left it. Easter trip miracle #6 that Kenny and Andrea (Andra) helped me out SOOOO much on that trip, I could have never done it by myself! Thanks so much guys, we will miss you while your selling for the summer!

Grandma Broughton with Brynne and Natalie.
Easter Morning with Maddi and Brooke, Brynne already in a dress up dress! I sure loved seeing my brother and sister in laws, nieces and nephew. (I guess I didn't get a pic of Jack..dang, he was so cute and knowledgeable about all his body parts ;)
Grandpa B and Dane playing a fun game.
Grandma M letting Dane be a boy and get dirty!
Uncle Kenny and Dane having a Tea party.
Brynne and Todd couldn't get enough of these swings, Brynne ran right for the swings at the Easter egg hunt instead of trying to get the plastic eggs...
Matchy
These two have so much fun together!



My mom bought Brynne dress up clothes when she was only a couple months old...now Brynne is finally able to enjoy them. Wow she LOVED being a princess!
Checkin out the Baboons at the zoo.


Brynne collected eggs with grandpa in the morning...one day my dad let Brynne carry two eggs in, she promply threw them on the ground, then looked at grandpa and said "I soo sorry gampa." After that every hard boiled egg she found she would throw and the say, "I so sorry." Not sure she understands the sorry concept yet.
No words...
Brynnes new hobby, photography...I found over a hundred pics like this she had taken of herself with out me knowing.

2 comments:

Laura Howe said...

what a trip!! You are sure being blessed aren't you, It all had to happen of course while you were without your husband. I am glad that everything worked out. Dane is such a cute boy. You look so good too.

Rachel Wilson said...

Wow! Sounds like you dodged a lot of catastrophe this Easter! Whenever Vince and I drove to visit his parents in Sacramento I'd always hold my breath at Donner pass. It's just a little freaky. Glad to hear you're doing so well. Now go hide in your house for awhile before something happens while your guardian angel is slacking off!