Thursday, May 5, 2011

Finished D.I. chair!

I have had this chair for months, I got it D.I. thinking it would be a easy project. I was wrong..I didn't know how hard lacquer was to sand off, and the wood on the seat frame was broken and stapled together, so luckily taylor was able to make a new one. Anyways we have had a few gorgeous sunny days where I could to go outside during naps to sand and paint. It looks so much better, I wish I had a before picture! The seat is made out of the curtains that came with our bedroom set because we only have one window and the set came with curtains for two...destiny.

3 comments:

Jana said...

it's DARLING!! good work :) i've had two chairs that i want to upholster on my to do list for a long time - you've just inspired me!!

Urban Trends said...

I love love love the chair!!

Megs said...

I love it! I love redoing old stuff--cause you can totally customize it to you, and it usually doesn't cost near as much as buying a new one! It just usually takes time though. It looks great!